Trans Friendly Resources
- If you have a current family doctor and it is safe to do so, please refer to this Reference Letter that you can give to your doctor. It will provide them with links, resources, mentorship information and e-consult opportunities to help support access to gender-affirming care.
- Halton McMaster Family Health Centre (CLICK here to access) has two doctors who have experience providing gender-affirming care. Both are currently accepting patients. They are Dr. Bartens and Dr. Sorenson. CLICK here to fill out the consent form. The form can also be found on their website under “become a new patient.”
Note: the receptionist noted that to ensure anyone seeking gender-affirming care is referred to those doctors specifically, indicate on the registration form that you want to access gender-affirming care. They also noted that when you are contacted to book an initial appointment, book an in-person appointment and not a virtual/phone appointment.
- If you require access to HRT or other related needs, you can ask for a referral to Dr. Jennifer Huynh, an adult endocrinologist who practices out of Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital.
- Dr Arshad Hack has offered to see patients in a walk-in setting only; however, he is not accepting new patients. Contact Information: 2200 Fairview Street, Burlington, ON L7R 4H9 | Telephone: 905.635.7313
Doctors Who are Accepting New Patients 👨🏻⚕️
- Woodview Medical Clinic, 3419 Fairview Street, Burlington, ON L7N 2R4 | Phone: 905.681.6640. Please bring your reference letter
- East Mississauga Community Health Centre is taking on new patients. Patients are assigned to a Doctor in the practice and then Dr. Jonathan Isenberg comes into the office every two weeks for access to gender-affirming supports and access to HRT. Individual need to come into the office in person to register and complete an intake form. You must bring proof of address, e.g., health card, driver’s license, hydro bill and your OHIP card. Hours of Operation: Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Address: 2555 Dixie Road, Unit 7, Mississauga, Ontario. Phone: 905.602.7723. NOTE: there may be a three-month wait until you are accepted to the roster
Online Options 💻
There is an online clinic is available through Telehealth Ontario to access gender affirming care. This option may be more accessible; however, there is a four-six month waitlist. CLICK here to connect.
*Please reach out to Sarina if you have any questions or you would like help/support navigating this process.